POSITION TITLE: FRONT DESK AGENT
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager
Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay. Determinates a guest’s reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay. Help guests complete registration cards and then assigns rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
Verify the guest’s method of payment and follows established credit-checking procedures. Places guest and room information appropriately and communicates this information to the appropriate hotel personnel.
Works closely with the housekeeping and engineering departments in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices. Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property. Performs cashiering tasks like bill / invoice settlement, posting charges to the guest, paid out’s, Foreign currency exchange etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Knows how to use front office equipment.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, raising paid out’s, currency exchange
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures.
- Reads and initials the pass-on log daily. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Attends department meetings.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures, is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Front Desk: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Communication method(s) used:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma